Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Beijing Summer Olympics 2008

This Summer Olympics in Beijing has been so much fun to watch! I have never really took the time in the summer to sit down and watch but being out here for the summer....you gotta a lot of time on your hands ha! But I'm glad I am...I have come to find out I'm a little competitive with being an American ha ha I want the U.S. to win in everything! Me and Jeff have had so much fun watching it together, no matter what sports we are watching, we're yelling and cheering every American on....I guess our 'American Pride' comes out when the Olympics are going on!

The person we absolutely love to watch is.....the one and only Michael Phelps! Which is kind of weird because we're both not big fans of the whole swimming sport, but when it comes to the Olympics..its big!! Michael Phelps is amazing! I honestly don't know how he does it, honestly! When he and his teammates won the RELAY against the French, who supposively said they were going to "smash the Americans, that's why we came here for..." was by far the most intense and we won it! It was so exciting!
And of course our U.S.A Basketball Team! It has been so exciting to see all these amazing players play together as ONE team! This team seems so much more UNITED then the past years fighting for the gold together instead of playing for themselves...which makes me so happy to see! They have done so well so far and we're excited to keep watching them! Hopefully they can take it to the top!
Me and Jeff have had so much fun watching all these different sports and some sports I didn't even know existed ha! The gymnastics are always so fun to watch and I'm quite suprised that Jeff likes to watch them too...he thinks its cool...which makes me happy so I can watch them! :) We're so exicted to see what happens in the end and how well the U.S. does!
Go U.S.A!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

mare said...

yeah girl, it really makes you appreciate your country. we were screaming so loud when the americans won that relay- i was concerned for our neighbors sleep! ha

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

CharLee! When are you coming back? Are you sure you don't want to come back and work with us?! I've got lots to tell you. You guys look like you are having so much fun! That is awesome. I can't wait to hear all about it. Be safe and take care!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Come back and work with us if you haven't taken another position. We have had a lot of turn around in the office: Katie isn't working anymore, Marianne is working part-time. Randee got her mission call to Brazil and is leaving in Nov. Lee Ann just put in her 2 weeks yesterday. I'm sure there are more, I can't remember when all the new assistants were hired (I think we are up to 7 or 8 assistants), so I don't know if you know them. So right now there is a lot going on!