Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cafe Rio Dressing...My Love!

So I believe almost everyones favorite restrauant in Utah is.....Cafe Rio...am I right? With us living here in Boston, I have to sacrifice four months without Cafe Rio in my life! So I happened to find the recipe of the ranch dressing on a recipe blog site! I was so excited so I made it with some enchilladas the other night! It was absolutely amazing, it tasted just like it! So even though I may be living here in Boston I still get to have Cafe Rio (homemade that is) ha ha!

Here is the recipe:

1 cup mayo
1 cup milk
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
2 tomatillos
2 seranno peppers (for less heat use just 1 pepper)
1/2 bunch of cilantro

*First, slice the peppers, and cut the tomatillos in quaters and place all the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Serve on enchilladas, burritos or salads!

Try it out and let me know if you like it and if you think it tastes like the real thing!

2 comments:

Andrea Ingersoll said...

My Grandma has like her own Cafe Rio in her home. She always makes the pork and dressing with salads and burritos and everything. It's amazing. So anyway....I have the pork recipe if you want it too!

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

I am a Cafe Rio addict!! I will have to try this since I am without Cafe Rio in my life for the summer too...that is the first thing I am doing when I get back to UT!!