Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Youth Conference

So this last Thursday & Friday, Becca & I were asked if we could help with the food for the Boston Youth Conference. We thought we would do a little service while we were out here for the summer, so we said yes! One of the days we had to go to the Minuteman Visitor Center where all the youth were..well we had a little bit of a confusion of which actual Visitor Center they were at because of how big this Minuteman area was..as we found out..we were at the completely opposite direction of where they actually were...so we missed the kids but were their to help clean up their garbage and during that time was when the rain decided to come down like NO OTHER! As you can see us in this picture we were drenched from head to toe!!!


The rain was coming down so much and sooo fast! We had to hurry and pick everything up and I had to help carry two tables on 'Top of my Head' (which did not feel so good) one of the advisors thought it would help the rain from coming down on us ha!
This is a picture of how much rain was coming down on us while we were driving! I honestly thought my car was going to sink in the water and not be able to drive!
When Becca & I were asked if we could help with the food for the youth conference...we weren't really sure what we put ourselves into with shredded ten chunks of pork which led us to sore hands, backs and feet :) ha! Other then the soreness we recieved we were happy to help them out!



This is us trying to feed Becca some yummy pork..yuck! After shredding it for a good while it made me not want to eat pork again.... (except for the famous Cafe Rio in two months)






We worked with a couple named Elizabeth & Brendon, who had done it the previous year. They did a great job dealing with all the food for over 130 people, I was quite impressed!

3 comments:

Ty and Ash Sorensen said...

That looks like fun!! I always loved youth conf!! So, if i would have seen the video of lasik before the surgery i prob would have to think again of what i was doing haha.. its so crazy though how it all works!! love it:)

McKenzie... said...

Remember last year in Florida on the 4th of July? The parking lot was basically flooding from the rain! That's what your pictures remind me of! I swear this summer it has even rained more it's insane. Way to help out at youth conference...that pork sure looks yummy!!!:)

Nic & Trudi said...

I like the new background! VERY cute!!! It looks like you are having a lot of fun out there. Sorry I never called you back yesterday. I will call you cause I wanna catch up. Love ya!