Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our Missionary!

For those who didn't know, my brother just recently left on his mission to Louisiana Baton Rouge! It has been a crazy couple of weeks with getting him ready to go and for his farewell! I can't believe he's already in the MTC and off to go preach the gospel! I wanted to post all the things he did, the couple of weeks before he left, so prepare for the many pictures ha! :)
When it comes to becoming a missionary, you need to take all the wisdom out of you....wisdom teeth that means ha! The poor guy looked like a chipmunk for a few days ha!

~Going to the Temple for the first time~
He was so anxious to be able to go to the temple to get his endowments out! He was so cute about it! The one thing that was so special to him and to us is that my grandma Robinson had saved my grandpa's, who had passed away a couple of years ago, temple bag with all my grandpa's things inside. My brother and my grandpa were very close so to have apart of my grandpa there with him made it very comforting for him!
Chase & our dad Craig just about to go to the Timpanogous Temple


~After Going Through the Temple~
Our cute mom Vickey & Chase right after going through...Chase with our parents...he was so happy that night and every night after that! Ray, Chantell, Chase, Me & JeffAll of us out of our immediate family that were able to go through with him Us goofying off....staring at him ha! :)
Chase with Grandma Robinson & Dave
Chase with Grandma & Grandpa Cook The boys...
Us girls with Chase

...Our future Elder Chase Cook...



~Gordon B. Hinckley's Grave Site~
Me, Chase, Mom & Dad got to go see our cousin's sealing in the Salt Lake Temple. While we were up there, my dad drove us up to President Gordon B. Hinckley's grave site. It was so neat to actually be able to go and see it. The grave stone was made out of the Conference Center stone...it was beautiful!

President Hinckley and his wife's grave site is right underneath a full grown tree....with the most amazing view of the city.

My parents at the gravesite...as you can see the big tree that covers President Hinckely & his wife's graves.

My parents in front of President David O. McKay's gravesite....it was really neat for them because he was their prophet growing up like how President Gordon B. Hinckely was to me.

~Some Fun Times Before the Big Day~

My brother Chase...the artist...this is a picture that he drew of himself...he's awesome at it! :)

Chase with his two favorite little people...Chazney & Landen


Ray, Chase, Jeff & Chantz goofying off as usual...and don't worry that my little brother Chantz is the one who owns all four Cowboys jerseys...lets just say obsessed ha!

My family is obsessed with the game of Five Crowns...we play it every Sunday when were together....but recently we have started playing that whenever someone gets three jokers (which is a bad thing because you get to choose whoever you want to get all the points!) but instead of just choosing someone we added a little spin the bottle and see who it lands on ha ha! As you can see in the picture of Chase spinning it...the thing that is funny is that all the guys try to have it land on my poor MOM everytime because she is the most competitive in the game ha!

Chase holding up his 'soon to be home for two years' at Zupas!

Me, Chantz, Chase & Chae hanging out on the couch...

The monday night before Chase left, our family went to Jack & Jill's to go bowling....we had so much fun!

~Chase's Farewell~


Chase did so good at his farewell! He spoke like as if he was home from his mission! I didn't read his talk because I wanted to hear it the first time at his farewell and he blew me away! I was so proud of him! In the picture above is the afterparty in our backyard...which my mom went all out on...she did such a great job at it!

Chase chowing down his and my favorite pastery......ECLAIRS!

Me & the studdly Missionary!


Ray, Chase & Jeff at the afterparty...


~Dawson's Blessing Day~


Dawson in his cute blessing outfit...


The Morales Family


Chae, Chase, me & Grandma Robinson at the blessing


All the girls in the family...including cute baby Dawson


Chase holding his youngest nephew.....by the time he gets home, Dawson will be the size of Landen!


Chase & dad with baby Dawson...I love this picture of them two!


Jeff, Chase & dad at the blessing


Chase & Dad


~Chase Becoming an Elder~


Me & my cute little sister ChaeLyn


The boys waiting for the Stake President to set apart Chase as an Elder!


Chase & ChaeLyn


Chase with dad, Chantz & Landen


Dad, Landen, me, Chazney, Chase & Chae


Two of the sisters with our anxious 'soon to be' Elder!


Chase with his good friend Steve right after getting set apart as an ELDER!!! :)


~The Big Day...The MTC~


Chase carrying all of his belongings for two years...


Chantz pretending to be a missionary....he only has seven more years to go!


Chase with one of his best friends...Elder Austin Hansen...it was the first time they saw each other after being set apart as Elders!


Chase with his two best friends who happen to be TWINS! It was so exciting for them to all go into the MTC at the same day! It was such a comfort knowing that they were all there together!


The whole Cook Family for the last time for TWO YEARS!


Landen & Chazney posing so cute while waiting for the boys to come back from dropping off Chase's suitcases...


They are the best of friends and couldn't be cuter!


Our mom, dad & Chase right before going inside the MTC...



Our 'New Missionary' entering his new home for three weeks!



Chase, along with three other Elders, getting their name tags...



My mom putting on his name tag for the very FIRST time!



The three official missionaries


Chase with Jeff & I



Chae, Chase, Landen & Chantz right before going to the room we all meet in...


Chase with the cute Morales Family Chase with his favorite little girl...


~Elder Chase Craig Cook~

I can't believe my younger brother is already on his mission....it had gone by way too fast! That day we went to the MTC was one of the happiest but sadest day of my life...I am so excited for him to go serve the Lord for two years but I'm so sad to have to let go one of my best friends. We were so close and to only be able to communicate through email....when you only hear from him about once a week makes it really hard. But I'm so happy for him and I know he is enjoying every minute because thats who he is. My parents had recieved their very first letter and he told them how much he loved it and how his companion is 7 feet tall, so he feels a little short ha! He also had mentioned that he was asked to be the District Leader already and he hadn't been in a full week...that just shows what kind of person he really is! I know its only going to get better for him as the weeks go by! All those people who are waiting for him in Louisiana are going to love him, he's going to be an amazing missionary!


Good luck Elder Cook, We Love You!

7 comments:

Beck said...

I cant believe he is old enough to go on a mission. How crazy! By the way you look absouletly GORGEOUS in those pictures!! Love ya

in morse code said...

Wow, he has grown up A LOT since I last saw him. Jake served in Ohio and loved the people in the South. He will do great!

The Morales Family said...

i miss him!!He is so cute!!landen loved to set and look at the pictures of chase!!!

Harmony said...

thats so awesome but so hard to say goodbye at the same time. he is so cute i know he will be an awesome missionary. but hey i am sorry i did not get back to you on the family pics so if you guys are still interested let me know. i have to book it through the studio so definately give me heads up so that i can call ahead before you book it and i can give you a discount.

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Those are the cutest pictures CharChar! I just love your family to death - you are all so dang cute! Chase is all grown up!! Maybe him and Erika can still get married? I am going to be so sad when Matt leaves on his mission, but I bet that was fun to go through the temple with him and everything! I love all those pictures. He will be an awesome missionary!

Ty and Ash Sorensen said...

Thats really cool about your brother! I know how hard it is to say bye... But it goes by soo fast! And yes i think michael scofield is very good looking, Thats probably why i love it so much haha.. and I love him and Sara.. so cute:)

McKenzie... said...

If your little bro is off on a mission that means we are getting older! Crazy. I bet that was a bitter sweet day when he left. I remember when my brother came home and I saw him for the first time at the airport I cried. It's amazing. You can look forward to that day. It will come sooner than you think. Are you guys free this weekend? So far I don't know what we have going on but I'm sure we could get together. So just let me know!