Monday, September 15, 2008

Yes We Are Alive....

...it has been so crazy for us since we got home and I haven't had the time to post my pictures until NOW so get ready for a long one ha ha!
It was time to finally leave Boston and come back home to Utah! We decided we'd drive home instead of flying, due to the high pricing in shipping cars now adays and the fact that we had TWO made it even more expensive...so my wonderful mother in law Debbie and brother in law Mike came out to drive back with us! They came a day early so they could spend the day downtown Boston and see what we got to do all summer long....
Deb, Jeff & Mike in downtown Boston

Debbie & IJeff was talking on the phone so Mike thought to join him ha :)Jeff & his mamaHere we all are at the harbor behind the Quincy Market Me & my hubby
The three of them posing all the same ha :)
We went to Little Italy and it was neat for Mike because he went on his mission to Italy so he got to speak a little Italian to a lady in the Italian store....
'Italian Stallion'....what more can I say??? ha ha
Mike infront of his own pastry shop...which is absolutely delish!!!As you can see, Debora loved her pastry....Us enjoying all the chocolate pastries, which were so amazingly good!Here's them at the Holocaust Memorial...

Here we are on the steps of the Harvard School Library
such models...Us in front of our front door where we lived for the summer, supporting our home team the Red Sox!

We decided to leave that night so we could get started early on our long journey before us...


Our first stop was in Palmyra! Here is Jeff trying to get us a room at this little old motel where you have to phone in inorder to sleep there...too bad no answer so we went next door to the other motel...
Here's our wonderful motel in Palmyra

To make this long journey a little more fun we planned a few stops we wanted to make since we were driving all the way across the U.S. We stopped at the Hill of Cumorah where Joseph Smith recieved the gold plates!

The Hill of Cumorah, they do plays right there on that steep hill...honestly I don't know how they do it..I would totally biff it if I was in that play ha ha!

Here we are at the monument at the Hill of Cumorah

Jeff in front of the 'Three Witnesses' monument

Me & my beautiful mother in law near the monument

This is in the visiting center of the Sacred Grove

Us four in front of Joseph Smiths home right in front of the Sacred Grove

His house was so small, as you can see, Jeff's head is pretty much hitting the ceiling beams!

This is where he recieved his first vision! The missionaries told us that three boys were sleeping on each bed....and they were NOT BIG!

The Palmyra Temple throw the trees

The Sacred Grove

Us in the Sacred Grove

Its absolutely beautiful there and so peaceful! Its crazy how calm and soothing it is once your inside the Sacred Grove and how much louder it is when your out...

Debbie & I

Brotherly Love

Us sitting on the benchs, loving every minute were out of the car and to be sitting in such a wonderful place

Me & my wonderful husband that I love! It was fun being there with Jeff because he had never been there before!

Our pathway walking out of the Sacred Grove...

This is back of the house where supposively Joseph Smith ran out and went straight into the Sacred Grove...

After leaving Palmyra and reuniting our wonderful journey back home...Jeff being such a great driver ran over a CONE in the road! It was stuck and they both couldn't get it out for a good while ha ha! I swear if your on a road trip something is bound to happen!!! :)

The poor guys trying to get it out from under the car...

They finally did after pulling and driving the car back and forth on the side of the highway!

After that little incident we made it to our next stop...NIAGARA FALLS!

Us in front of the Falls

They were so amazing! We wish we could've gone on the fairy so we could go right up to it but we couldn't!

All of us in front of the amazing Falls

Me & Deb...on the opposite side of us is CANADA!

Mike found this card that was 'Made with REAL POO' ha ha don't know why anyone would want to use it...

Of course with my luck I get the 'Warning' ticket instead of Jeff who drives so much faster then me!

Us in our car where we pretty much lived for three days!

Our next stop was in Chicago because Tom's family lives there and we wanted to go see them. But before we went to their house we went to the Famous Portillos Hotdogs food joint! Let me tell you it was amazing! I'm not a hotdog lover but their ONION RINGS were delish!

Here we are waiting for our delicious meal

While waiting to go over to Tom's family's house we wanted to go downtown to the little old town. Me and Debbie let the guys sleep (since they did most of the driving) while we adventured out to see the town and of course get our chocolate...

Here is where we stayed our second night in Iowa...as you can see the group of people having a little tailgate party for their big game tomorrow ha!

Our last day we drove pretty much all day long and finally got to Colorado where Debbie's sister and husband lived. So once we got there we went out on the town to get some yummy pizza!

Here we are so HAPPY to finally be home! After being in the car for over 40 hours makes you a little excited to get out!!! But were so happy to finally be back and so glad to have Debbie and Mike to come out and help us out! It ended up being so much fun especially with our walky-talky's and our fun stops along the way! Thanks Debora & Mike! We couldn't of done it without you!

7 comments:

Mark, Eko and Leoniss Burroughs said...

I missed your blogs, I'm glad you wrote again. It looks like you guys had fun in your drive home. We are starting our drive home this coming sunday. we are hoping it turns out okay specially since we are driving with eko. We miss you guys, can't wait to reunite again.

matt and eve lloyd said...

I agree with Leo...I've been missing your daily posts!! Looks like you guys got to see so many cool things on your way home. We're happy you're back!! Lets hang out

Andrea Ingersoll said...

I was wondering when you were going to post again mrs. That totally reminded me or Heritage Tours with you. That's awesome you and Jeff got to go to so many places together. I want to go to all those places with Austin again so bad. Looks fun. Okay when are we getting together?

The Robinson's said...

so fun! i am jealous you went to all those places with your husband... i want to go again so bad! glad you made it home safe hope things are going good! love ya

in morse code said...

wow heritage tours all over again! And what a better way than to do it again with your hubby!

Kristy said...

I love church history stuff! I need to take Travis out there. And.... I am a little jealous of you living in Boston, even for such a short time. Maybe I will do summer sales, just to live there!

Prina Family said...

I wish we would have done more on the way home but it was long enough so maybe not! It's a lot different with a baby:) You guys look like you had a good time!