So Jeff and I got to leave this cold weather and go into the 'hot' sun in CANCUN!!! It was for Jeff's work! They always do like an end of the year or summer I should say trip for all those who meet their set goals. Last year we got to go on a cruise with all of our friends which was a blast but this year APX rented a whole resort for all of their employees who had met their goals and Jeff did so we got to go!
The trip started out a little shaky....first of all, our flight got delayed due to a mechanic problem and the weather so we had to wait in the Salt Lake City airport for an extra two hours then once we got on it we missed our connection flight by ten minutes, so frustrating!!! So to make this part of the story short the nine of us ended up having to stay over night in a hotel in L.A. because the next flight to Cancun was at 9:30 A.M! Our original flight was to L.A, Mexico City then to Cancun, but we were lucky enough to get a direct flight to Cancun (the only good thing at this point ha)! But once we got there, our bags weren't! The guy told us that it could come tonight or no later then 11 a.m. the next morning. The picture just below is what I wore in CANCUN! Let me tell you I was dying!
Well our hotel was very nice to try to get us our bags by calling and sending people to the airport but no luck for a day and a half! They had told us that they didn't even know where our bags even were....at this point I broke down because I was only in Cancun for pretty much THREE full days and I didn't even have a SWIMSUIT! Luckily enough my sweet friend Marilee lended me her swimsuit! But then finally our bags arrived! i couldn't of been more happier to have my things!
Well other then that little mishap....the trip was so much fun! Especially being in the HOT sun with my hubby and our good friends!! Don't worry that this post is quick larger then normal but we had too many fun pictures so of course I had to post them all!!! :)
Tulum:
The Ruins
Xel-Ha
Right after Tulum we went to Xel-Ha! It was so fun! It was so nice to finally get in the water...it was sooooo HOT!
This place was so fun....you could snorkle, float down a river on a tub, biking, cliff jumping, and more. This picture above is where you get to swim with the dolphins. We watched them for awhile....and after watching them I want a dolphin as a pet ha! Crazy I know, but they are so smart! it was crazy what they were doing!
Palm Trees.....I just love them! If only we could have them in Utah!
Us girls in front of the hammocks, Jessica, Shalom, Edna, Kori & Me
My sexy husband with his red hot tounge!
Hammoks are so relaxing....I could lay in one all day if I could!
Us trying to take a picture on a hammock ha!
Me and my cute friend Brittany hanging out on the hammocks...
....as well with Shalom and Enda
Us crossing our fingers that we wouldn't break the hammock while sitting together in it...
Here's our cute friends Kori & Troy...we had such a good time with them the whole trip!
Jeff acting like usual when a camera is in front of him...
At Xel-Ha I swear their taking pictures of everyone left and right and this is one of ours while floating down the river and I was bad and hurried and snapped the shot cuz I didn't want to spend twenty dollars on it....but as I took it the man hurried and tried to cover it and said we can't take pictures....woops!
Alright....so I didn't tell you how we got to Tulum and Xel-Ha.....we rented a 15 passenger van but decided to fit a few more people in it! Crazy I know! But we had 20 people in that van and the places that we went were NOT close! Us five somehow got stuck in the back from the van for some odd reason!
Here's my proof of how many people we had in it!
Funny story...while driving to our Tulum and Xel-Ha we hit a couple of bumps NOT knowing they were there and us in the back flew off of our seats hitting the roof of the car! So here we are preparing ourselves on the ride home!!!
Here's my love stretching out before going body surfing in the ocean!
My hubby not wanting to go home in the COLD!!!
We had such a good time in Cancun! We both wish we were still there soaking in the hot weather! The trip was way too short...if only we could've been there a few more days! But we had a good time in the short time we were! We were so lucky to get to go with such good friends!
Thanks everyone for the fun memories!!!!
9 comments:
cute cute cute pictures char. i was waiting for that post, although it made me quite jealous. i didn't go to talum, and i am so sad i missed it. i loved all your pictures. looks so fun and you look cute even without your luggage :)
Wow, that looks AMAZING! I think you are getting spoiled Mrs.Carn. You guys are SO dang cute. And that looks like such a beautiful trip...so not fair that while you were there...I was stuck in SOUTH DA-FRAKIN-KOTA!
I'm so jealous! That looks like tons of fun! I truly aspire to take as many pictures as you Char, I'm impressed! Maybe..someday. Love you!
Oh my gosh...that looks like sooo much fun. I'm going there some day!
Charlee, have I ever told you "I think you are awesome!" The picture with your husbands red hot tongue- looks like he got a red hot bod too! Whoa, that didn't sound right...sunburn....!
Hi!
I'm Breelyn Ehin, Ryan Ehin's wife. So it looks like we'll be spending the summer together with APX and when I was telling Amanda that she told me you had a blog so I thought I'd say hello. Mexico looks SO FUN! There's nothing better than getting out of this yucky weather for a little while. I so wish we would have gone now looking at all those pictures!
Anyways I knew Jeff in high school and it's great to know he's married and happy. We should double sometime before the summer so we're not strangers in a random state :)
~Breelyn
Hey you guys stayed in the Fiesta Americana! That's were Steve and I stayed for our honeymoon. What'd you think? A little to ritsi for us, but super pretty. Looks like you had a blast!
it was a good time, huh!? i wish i could've played more -- and talked, and hung out, and partied! i love how many pictures you take. it's so awesome. you and your new high-tech amazing camera.
Oh i am so jealous! Its so pretty there! Looks like you guys had so much fun!
Char I love the shout out! Wow, how I miss the warm sun, our bronzed skin, the gorgeous beach, and of course - the cold mango smoothies! Let's play soon! :)
Post a Comment