This weekend was such a fun weekend with my hubby! Especially because my hubby got to come home early on Saturday again (thanks to BYU Cougars) so we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ate dinner and watched the game, which ended up such a great game! Yay! Go Cougars! Always makes the night even better when they win...so phew!
.......................................................
The next day, me and my hubs had a 'me and you' date all day long! And I LOVED it!
We went to a few stores and was happy that Jeffers finally gave in and actually bought himself something this summer and ended up getting a few shirts and some shorts! He was mostly excited about getting the shorts because they were originally $40 and only got them for $10! He was so pumped about it ha! It made me laugh to see him so excited about a pair of shorts! :)
Well, with him being so excited about that...I had been eye-balling these really cute blue pillows at T. J. Max here in Georgia, that I want so badly for my family room at my house back home because the color of the blue is the exact color of blue that I had in my head for the room! And being out here and watching HGTV and seeing cute blogs all day long has made me want to re-do my family room! I love my family room how it is but I think it just needs a little splash of light color to soften and lighten the room up a bit! So when I found the pillows I was dying to have them...and lucky me....my hubs really liked the color of the blue and let me get them!! Yay, so exciting!
And also at T.J. Max was the cutest cardigan, that me and Andrea had found a couple of days ago that we both really wanted, but I didn't get it at the time because Jeff didn't want me getting anymore stuff because I have gotten quite a few things this summer already ha ha but what do you do when there isn't much to do other than go shopping or be bored to death inside a hotel all day long! Ahhh! So, I showed him the cardigan and he liked it a lot and.....so he let me get it as well!! I was so happy! My hubs spoils me way too much....I love him to pieces!
After having a fun time shopping together....Jeff had to do something to do with sports, since that's his second love, so we met up with some of the other guys here selling and went bowling! And I have to say I did pretty well....I was really surprised ha! I played two games the first time I got 95 points and the second game I got 70! Let me just tell you anything better then 40 (which is what I got the very first time I went with Jeff's whole family and everyone else in the family got at least 90 points ha ha...it was so embarrassing) so I was happy with the outcome of both of these games!
Then after bowling a few games, we went and saw this.....
It was only $2 per person and it was well worth it! This was the cutest animated movie ever! Jeff and I were laughing throughout the entire show! Steve Carell is hilarious, as always! And the three little girls are the cutest things along with the little yellow buddies! It seriously is so stinkin' cute....I want to see it again! So of course this will be added to our movie collection! If you haven't seen it....seriously go see it! You will laugh!
After the movie...we ended the night eating at Chilli's! This summer I have become obsessed with their 'salsa-ranch!' It is soooo good! Our cute waitress gave us extra salsa-ranch to take home.....she must have seen me scarfing it down the whole time ha ha! Oh geez! :)
So happy for such a fun weekend with Jeff, I loved every minute of it!!!
And I can't believe we will be home in just a few weeks! It'll be fun to be back to see everyone! Especially because my cute brother Chase, who is on his mission, comes home on September 30th! We'll be home just before he gets home....so it will be quite the homecoming having all of us back! Yay! I can't wait!! :)

5 comments:
We saw Despicable Me and loved it as well! I'm excited for you to go back home and see your brother! Its fun to be away for a while but always a blast to go back too :)
I cant wait for you to get home either!!! HURRY!
home!! did you say home? shoot i haven't thought about home for a whole 2 hours. now its on my mind again....Home!!! awww home!!!! 19 more days!!
We can't wait for you guys to get here!!! Hurry up!
Char! I'm so jealous that you're down in Georgia. What a beautiful place to be! Banks Lake looks so cool, and I can't wait to see what else you do down there!
And now, get ready for the super long comment I promised :-) If you go to Atlanta, I definitely recommend the aquarium--it's the world's largest and was by far the coolest one I've been to. The World of Coca Cola is right next to the aquarium and is supposed to be really cool, too! You should be able to find discount combo tickets if you choose to do both. There were also combo tickets that included a Braves game if they're in town. We also looked into Centennial Olympic Park, a Martin Luther King Jr. tour, and Fox Theater (a gorgeous theater from the 1920's). There's so much to do in Atlanta, it's hard to choose!
For an authentic Southern experience, you should go to Madison. I really, really regret not working it into our trip. It's the only town that General Sherman didn't burn on his march through Georgia during the Civil War (apparently, he had a girlfriend from there). This means it's the only town in Georgia with original Antebellum homes, and it looks amazing. It's just about an hour East of Atlanta, so I'd combine it with the Atlanta trip if you have time. www.madisonga.org has more information if you need it!
And last but not least, it looks like Valdosta is really close to the Florida border. If I were you, I'd be really tempted to head to Tallahassee for the BYU game at Florida State next Saturday! I wonder how much scalpers will be selling those tickets for... haha.
Post a Comment