Tuesday, August 31, 2010

...Our First Adventure In Georgia...

This past Saturday night, Jeff got to come home early from work because of the pouring rain! Yippee! I was so excited...thank you Mother Nature!! :) So since he got home early we were able to have a semi-normal weekend together! Yay! 

Andrea and I were so happy to have our hubbies home so we of course had to get out of the hotel room (since we have been stuck in it all day long) and so we went to dinner! 

Texas Roadhouse was calling our name!!!
Here's us at dinner eating a fabulous dinner....it honestly felt like Thanksgiving to us! It was that delicious! Oh how we all LOVE those famous Texas Roadhouse Rolls!!! We ate them so fast ha!
After dinner we of course had to go see a movie....couldn't stop our tradition here in Georgia ha! 

And the movie this weekend was.....The Karate Kid.....and it was so good! I absolutely loved it! That little Jaden Smith is the cutest kid and is just a miniature Will Smith to the T! We loved it!! :)

And we loved it even more because we went and saw it at the theater that cost us only $2.00 per ticket! That's a lot cheaper then the movie tickets in Boston...$10.00!! So happy...and of course Jeff was now all about going to see a movie...since it was so cheap! And the seats happened to be sooo comfy too! :)

Oh, how I can't wait to have normal weekends for us to go on dates and actually get to be together more then five hours a day! 

Oh, September please go by fast so we can do that!!! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sunday we finally adventured out and went and actually saw something other than just another movie!

There is this place known as Banks Lake and it is one of the coolest places we've seen this summer! While listening to "Going To The Bayou" from the cute Disney movie 'Princess and the Frog' we all got excited to see what Georgia had for us to see!

This place really looked like it was a part of the Bayou in Louisiana (at least from what the movie looked like, since I haven't ever been to Louisiana, which is going to change on our way home....so excited)!

 I took way too many pictures so just a heads up, this part of this post is FULL of pictures!!! Enjoy! :)
Aren't these trees so amazing???
Look at those tree trunks....
I love how the leaves are just falling in the wind....
There was trees in the water ALL OVER!
Me and my hubby....sweating ha ha! Georgia is so humid and hot! 

So don't mind that all the pictures of us we have shiny faces ha!
Typical Georgian family doing some fishing....
Here's Austin and his second Love....his camcorder!! 

He films anything and everything he sees.....and of course in his Australian accent...thanks to Crocodile Dundee! :)
Look at those tiny boats.....we were debating if we were going to rent one of those or a canoe and take our adventure to another level....but me and Andrea were a little nervous about the CROCODILES in the water! Didn't feel like getting bit that day.....
A Kodak moment..... :)
Wow have I been in the sun too much this summer....look at all those FRECKLES! Yikes!
This spiderweb was right where we were standing taking pictures and thought it was a pretty cool spiderweb!
My hubby concentrating....probably thinking about work....cause that's all he thinks about out here ha ha!
Oh how I love that man though.....such a hard worker!
LOVE this picture of Jeff....not sure why!
And of course me trying to get the hubby to look at the camera when taking a picture....
Isn't this picture so cool! Look at those branches hanging down...
Such a cool picture...
The bridge where we were hanging out at taking all the pictures...
This tree reminded me of the Willow tree on the movie 'Pocahontas' 
The place where you can rent the kayaks....it smelled sooo bad!
After hanging out on the bridge...we went on the 'Foot Traffic Only' trail....which was just 1/3 of a mile...gave us our workout for the day!
Jeffers was speed walking compared to the rest of us.....I guess that's what happens when you walk all day long every day of the summer!
The trees were HUGE in this little area....
Felt like there was going to be monkeys hanging in the trees....seriously!
Andrea....our little PROFESSIONAL photographer..... :)
I honestly felt like we were in the TV show....'Lost'....it was seriously a jungle we were walking through....
Green everywhere....
So pretty....
This tree looked like its where Tarzan would be swinging from....
...and here is Jeff 'acting' like Tarzan ha ha ha!
Sometimes I feel awkward taking pictures by myself....cause I don't know what to do with my arms ha ha!
Seriously....doesn't this tree look like Tarzan's tree?!
Me and my lover....
Then there was this little area of the trail....like a little swamp
Jeff acting like The Karate Kid....I guess the movie stuck with him ha!
My man...
Like I said before....where do I put my hands when I'm in single pictures??? ha ha
Loved this pathway....
Love him...
Can't take a picture without at least making ONE crazy face of his....
Love Sundays....being with my husband....its the best!
Austin and Ange.......love them so much and am sooo happy that they are here with us in Georgia!!
Felt like this pathway was going to take us to a Secret Garden or something....
Love this picture of us...too bad its a little blurry :(
So beautiful...
End of the 'Foot Traffic Only' trail...
Something always has to go wrong on every adventure....and it happened to happen to me!!

See those ants.....not just normal ants, but FIRE ANTS! 

I was taking a picture of another tree, of course, and stepped on something soft and looked down and a million little ants were running on my foot!!! I was freaking out, screaming and hitting my leg to get them off ha ha!

The others were dying....Austin was wishing he had got it all on his camera of course! Good thing he didn't because I would've looked so funny!
After hitting them all off of my leg....this is what I get for stepping on their home....

See those bumps on my foot....yep....THEY BIT ME! And it kind of burned a little bit and itched just a little bit but not bad....good thing I got them off of me as fast as I did or I would've had those bumps ALL over my foot and it would've been worse! Thank goodness!

But other than that little outburst of the trip...it was a lot of fun! So glad that we went and actually did something and it happened to be pretty cool and very pretty!

Next time I will watch where I'm stepping ha ha...

5 comments:

The Morales Family said...

Cute Blog Char!!! Love it! Its so pretty there! Miss ya! Get Home!!!!

Nic & Trudi said...

I love the new blog layout. Very cute!!! It looks like you're having a good time. Can't wait for you to get home!!

Ty and Ash Sorensen said...

Love your pics...:) Like everyone else said.. COME HOME!! We miss you too!

The Swapp's said...

Your pictures are so fun. it looks like lots of fun! beautiful green place to be.

Andrea Ingersoll said...

pooooor CharLee's foot!!!! so fun. wait what about the alligator attack? i can't believe you didn't post it!!!!