...I have not been myself lately when it comes to blogging! I can't believe its been almost a year since the last post I posted about Louisiana! Wow! Well since that is the case, I thought I would combine all our big events into one collage instead posting hundreds of pictures....save us all from a very long post ha!
So here is what we have been up to the past 6 months or so...don't mind that its kind of backwards but my blog acts as my journal so I try to keep it in order so here's a little rewind of Jeff and I's adventures within the last year...
{Cancun Trip 2011}
Jeff & I, Jeff's sister Kristen and her husband Tad and my wonderful in-laws Tom and Debbie went on an incredible trip to Cancun early this year! It was so much fun! We stayed in such a fun Resort called The Moon Palace which was connected to two other resorts plus two more resorts downtown Cancun, so we were able to have all you can eat in all 5 resorts and the food was fantastic!! We did so much while we were there.....we went snorkeling, drove mini boats, went to a fun adventure place known as Xplore (we'd all go there again, totally worth it), had to perform on stage gurgling water in my throat while humming a song in front of all the people staying there (so embarrassing ha), drinking Miami Vice and Mudslides everyday, dinner on an old fashion cruise boat, held a 'rattle snake' around my neck and in my hands (creepy), swam, played volleyball, read books beside the pool, laid out, got tan and so much more! I want to go back so badly, loved every minute of it!! (:
{Cook Family Christmas}
{Carn Family Christmas/ Basketball Game}
We had such an amazing Christmas this year! We did lots of family activities and made lots of memories while doing it! (: Jeff spoiled me with surprising me with a new professional Nikon camera that I have been begging for two years and he finally gave in (probably got sick of me asking him every day ha) and he also surprised me with a beautiful framed antique picture of the Salt Lake Temple with our names and wedding date printed on it! He out did himself that's for sure! I can't believe its already getting close to Christmas again.....oh how I love Christmas time!!
{Ugly Sweater Party at Work}
I am so lucky to work at the office that I work at! They all make work so much fun! For instance our 'Ugly Sweater Party' at work, where we all wore our ugliest sweater we owned! Dr. Aaron for some reason didn't get the memo and didn't bring his sweater, but I happened to have my 'Victoria Secret Hot Pink with pretty jewels all around' that he could wear so he wasn't left out ha ha! And Dr. Jones in his horrible thick purple wool sweater that he got in Ecuador on his mission (it was pretty bad, not gonna lie)! We kept them on for a pretty long time....until a lovely older woman came in and had an ugly sweater on herself but to her it wasn't so ugly....so we felt bad and took them off ha ha! Good times! (:
{My 24th Birthday}
My sweet husband planned the whole night and it was so much fun with just the two of us! Dinner, mini golfing, ice cream and a movie! It was a perfect night that I won't forget! I love that man of mine! (:
{Cook Family Halloween Party}
This Halloween me, my mom, my sister Chae and my dad went ALL OUT with our costumes! We went THRILLER STYLE!! It was a blast! We got all our clothes at the D.I., made our hair out of control and put some crazy make up on all over ourselves! My uncle Bucky had a party at his house and we all walked in dancing to Thriller on our phones....I have never seen my parents get so into their costume (especially my mother...she played her part so good)!!
{Carn Family Annual Halloween Party}
The Carn's know how to throw a good Halloween party with delicious food, costumes and games! We had so much fun that night! Every one got creative with their costumes!! I was a 'sassy scardy cat' and Jeff was a 'punk/white mask man' (not sure exactly what he was but he looked good ha)! We had a ball! Got to start thinking of some good ideas for this year....crazy its coming up so soon! Wow are the years flying by!
{The New Sport....HOCKEY}
Jeff and Tyler have now decided they want to be hockey players or at least trying to play every sport possible (pretty sure Lacrosse is next on their list ha ha)!! They both have never played it until last year! It was a little touch and go at the beginning with trying to stay on their skates, skating fast and/or getting contact with the puck ha! But each time they played they got better and better! Jeff scored a total of 5 goals and Tyler scored plus helped assist on 2! The video below shows one of Jeff's times of scoring a goal! We were all so proud of him!! They were so close of winning the whole tournament but at the very last minute lost by 1 point!! It was a bummer but they took 2nd out of 5 teams so that's quite the accomplishment for where they were at the beginning of the season ha!
{St. George Trip with the Carns}
Once Jeff and I finally got back from the long summer away we went on a family vacation to St. George with the Carns! Had so much fun four wheeling, hiking up in Zions, swimming, playing games, laughing, eating at yummy restaurants and more! It was such a fun vacation with the whole family! Loved it! We need to do it again! (:
{Mass-Carnage Softball Team}
The Carn family and their annual co-ed softball team was at it again and Jeff was happy to finally get to play after a long summer of work! My cute mother in law and I were the cheerleaders just like every other year ha! So we cheered them on and they all did great! I'm contemplating if I actually wanna give it a try....not sure how exactly I will do but I'll give it a shot I think! Probably be a disaster but I'll give it a try ha ha! I have a lot to live up to with the Carn family and their athleticism!
{Chase is Finally Home}
After seeing him on his mission in Louisiana I was counting down the days until the rest of the family was going to see him!! It was such a cool moment to watch the rest of my family see Chase when he walked down the escalators! My sweet mom ran right up to him crying her eyes out! It was so nice to finally have our whole family home again! Not gonna lie Chase was pretty goofy when he got home...a complete missionary for a couple of weeks then finally got back to his funny old self! It has been so much fun having him home this past year! We all love him so much!
It's so relieving to finally get blogging again and getting it up to date! Even though I'm still behind at least I'm getting close! I will soon be posting this summer's fun activities then my blog will be complete and I can go on living normal and not be feeling out of place when my blog isn't updated ha ha (sad I know, but true)! So get excited for some more posts from me in the next couple of weeks! (:




















2 comments:
Are you freaking serious??? Hahahaha I'm laughing my head off that you just updated a full year!!!! Never been seen before. Are you just gonna blog once a year from now on? Hahahaha you are awesome.
Its about dang time woman!! You guys are so cute!! Love you
Post a Comment