...Salem Witch Trials..
A couple of weeks ago we went to Salem to see where the Witch Trials were taken place! It was a very interesting town to be honest, but I'm glad to have gone there to see it! Its kind of crazy to learn all about it in high school and to be at the town that it actually took place in! Kind of crazy!
There were so many old bricked buildings there! I loved them!
Here was a set of graves next to the building above!
On the other side of this building was another set of grave stones, that I failed to take a picture of ha ha, but it was gravestones that's last name was 'Ingersoll' just like Austin and Andrea! Austin was sooo excited to have found them since supposivly it is his ancestors who were apart of the Trials, crazy!!!
This house was built in 1681...isn't that crazy how long ago that was?
This is actual sayings from those who were being accused...
In front of the house from above was stones that represented the people who were accused...we learned that one man was pressed to death. 19 people were actually hung...which surprised me and Ange that it would be that low of a number when it sounded like so many more!
Another way that they were killed, that we learned, was that they would throw them in the ocean and if they floated they were possessed and if they drowned they would just be dead! Isn't that nuts??
Doesn't make sense...
Here we are in the cemetery....kind of creepy!
The Ingersolls....we love them!
These gravestones are quite interesting....
Its crazy to me that these people died in 1809....that is so long ago!
All of the gravestones were different sizes and extremely old!
Some were actually falling apart....
As you can see....some of those gravestones were massive ha!
Maybe a relative???
I don't know.............
This tree was absolutely stunning....crazy I know that I'm amazed of this tree but just look at it!
Here's a looking up of the tree....stunning huh?? And this picture doesn't give it any justice either!
What a great tree to climb we thought when we looked up it!
Graves everywhere.....
Here we are together in the Salem Cemetery.....
My poor husband had to sit down.....I sort of forget that he WALKS everyday of the week ALL DAY LONG!
Oops, sorry honey!!!
Even though he was tired of walking on his feet.....he was super excited to be there!
Can't you tell???
Having a little too much fun....
Could you seriously imagine being killed like that??
Seriously awful!
Of course my Hubby goofing around ha ha...what a nerd sometimes!
Here was one of the museums there about the witch trials...
K there are seriously nails on the bottom of that window!!!!
So creepy!!
Other than the creepy cemetery's, museums and etc....
There were actually pretty shops along the way, such as this one!
Isn't this boat amazing??
So neat!
Absolutely LOVE this picture, that Jeff actually took with Ange's camera and having a little too much fun with it I think ha, caught a Kodak moment of everyone!
Don't know what I'm doing....ha
Here's me TRYING to get a decent picture of him of the day....
Rarely happens.....
Me with the anchor...
It was HUGE!
The last thing we saw or tried to see I should say is this.....
Didn't feel like paying $12 to look at this house ha!
But we sure had fun going there!
Now we can say that we have actually been where the Witch Trials were taken place....
Andrea.....I will forever remember us so excited to learn ALL about the Witch Trials in the little auditorum with all the elderly men and women...ha ha ha....and comes to find out it was all about the settlers and maybe 'three second clip' about the Witch Trials! ha ha ha
Good memories!!!
Love Always,
2 comments:
wa ha ha ha. That movie was awesome (not!!) I love when we looked over and Jeff and Austin were both asleep. At least now we know all about the history of MASS. Oh PS - put in my 2 weeks today hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to hang out at the pool all day every day!!
Okay, this is the one thing Matt wanted to do while we were in Boston and we never did it. Seeing these pictures makes me sad. It looks so cool!! I'm loving all the pictures of Jeff. Classic.
Post a Comment